Thursday 21 July 2011

The Re-Edit




For the re-edit we were required to take the raw footage from the original 5ive video and put it back together to re-make the final product they used. I worked on my own for this task, but got help and tips from Eoin when I struggled with finding shots and in getting the footage completely synched to the original. Through working on my own most of the time I came to understand the time consummation that editing takes up and the support that working in a team gives you.

During the re-edit I found that the hardest part to be getting the frames exactly to the original video. I found that the best way round this was to start from the end of the sequence and work my way back. However, this isn’t something that I can do when we have only the rough footage so I’m glad that for half of the re-edit I worked from the beginning and tried to challenge myself through doing it the way I found hardest that was closest to the real way of editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment